Acommon terms and conditions and customer information
I. General Terms and Conditions
Section 1 Basic Provisions
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to all contracts that you conclude with us as a provider via the website dasroteb.de. Unless otherwise agreed, the inclusion of any of your own terms and conditions may be objected to.
2. For the purposes of the following rules, a consumer shall be any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes which cannot be attributed primarily to his commercial or independent professional activity. Entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or partnership with legal rights that acts in the exercise of its independent professional or commercial activity when concluding a legal transaction.
Section 2 Formation of the contract
(1) The purpose of the contract is to carry out seminars and mentoring programmes.
(2) Already with the posting of the respective course offer on our website, we make you a binding offer to conclude a contract on the terms specified in the respective course description.
(3) The contract is concluded via the online shopping cart system as follows:
The courses intended for booking will be stored in the “shopping basket”. You can use the corresponding button in the navigation bar to access the “shopping basket” and make changes there at any time. After accessing the page “Continue to check out” the personal data as well as the payment terms is entered; finally, all order data is displayed here as an order overview.
Before submitting the order, you have the possibility to check all information here again, to change it (also via the function “back” of the internet browser) or to cancel the order.
By submitting the order via the “Buy Now” button, you declare the acceptance of the offer legally, which results in the contract.
(4) The processing of the order and transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is partly automated by e-mail. You must therefore ensure that the e-mail address you have provided to us is correct, that the receipt of the e-mails is technically ensured and, in particular, that SPAM filters do not prevent you from receiving the e-mails.
(5) Cancellations and changes of any kind must be made in writing.
(5.1) Seminars of any kind (open or in-house) can be cancelled or postponed free of charge up to 10 weeks before the start of the seminar. If seminars
– are cancelled or postponed later than 10 weeks before the start, the contractor shall charge 50%,
– are cancelled or postponed later than four weeks before the start, the contractor shall charge 75%,
– cancelled or postponed later than one week before the start, the contractor will charge 100% of the agreed seminar fee.
(5.2) In all cases referred to in clause 5.2, the client shall bear the possible cancellation costs for means of transport and/or accommodation on proof provided by the contractor.
(5.3) In the event of failure of the seminar due to illness of the trainer, force majeure or other unforeseeable events, the parties shall arrange a different appointment and/or venue and/or suitable trainer. If the contractor is unable to offer a suitable replacement, fees already paid for agreed or booked services will be refunded. Claims that go beyond this are excluded.
(5.4) Mentoring packages are excluded from the complete cancellation. Agreed appointments must be cancelled in writing up to 48 hours before the date and postponed to a new date, otherwise the appointment is deemed to be perceived.
Section 4 Service provision
(1) The courses shall be carried out in the form described in the respective offers on the agreed dates.
(2) Insofar as the course is carried out depending on the number of participants, the minimum number of participants shall be determined by the respective offer.
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we will inform you in text form (e.g. by e-mail) at the latest 10 days before the start of the course. If any services already provided, a refund will be made immediately in this case.
(3) In connection with the use of classrooms and objects, you must comply with the local house rules. You must follow our instructor’s instructions or instructions.
(4) Copyright and Copyright
The seminar documents of the contractor are protected by copyright. They are available to the participant and transfer to their property. The contractor reserves all rights to the seminar documents. They may not be reproduced in any form- including for the purposes of their own teaching, processed, reproduced, distributed, translated, used for communication to the public and passed on to third parties using electronic systems without the written consent of the contractor. Not even in part. In addition, the German copyright provisions apply.
Section 5 Right of retention
You can only exercise a right of retention if it concerns claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
Section 6 Choice of law, place of performance, place of jurisdiction
(1) German law applies. In the case of consumers, this choice of law applies only insofar as it does not deprive the protection afforded by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of habitual residence of the consumer (principle of favourability).
(2) The place of performance for all services arising from the business relations and place of jurisdiction exists with us is our registered office, insofar as you are not a consumer but a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. The same applies if you do not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or if the domicile or habitual residence is not known at the time the action is brought. The power to bring an action before the court at another legal place of jurisdiction remains unaffected by this.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the Resale Of Contracts expressly do not apply.
II. Customer Information
1. Identity of the provider
Phone: +49 157 72545909
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), available under https://ec.europa.eu/odr.
2. Information on the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps for the conclusion of the contract, the conclusion of the contract itself and the correction options are carried out in accordance with the provisions “Conclusion of the contract” of our General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
3. Contract language, contract text storage
3.1. Contract language is German.
3.2. The complete contract text is not saved by us. Before submitting the order via the online shopping cart system, the contract data can be printed out via the print function of the browser or saved electronically. After receipt of the order from us, the order data, the legally required information in the case of distance contracts and the general terms and conditions will be sent to you again by e-mail.
4. Essential features of the service
The main features of the service can be found in the respective offer.
5. Prices and payment methods
5.1. The prices quoted in the respective offers represent total prices. They include all price components including all applicable taxes.
5.2. You have the following payment options, unless otherwise indicated in the respective offer or in the online ordering process:
– Payment by PayPal
– Payment by immediate
– Payment by credit card
5.3. Unless otherwise stated in the respective offer, in the online ordering process or in the invoice, the payment claims from the concluded contract are due for payment immediately.
When you pay by credit card, your credit card account will be debited upon conclusion of the contract.
5.4. Unless otherwise agreed, payment must be made on site at the latest on the course date before the start of the course when booking courses, otherwise there is no entitlement to participation.
6. Statutory Liability for Defects
The statutory liability for defects exists.
last update: 14/11/2019
Alternative dispute resolution in accordance with Article 14(14) 1 ODR-VO and Section 36 VSBG:
The European Commission provides an online dispute resolution (ODR) platform, which you can find under https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. Consumers have the opportunity to contact [name, address, website of the conciliation body] to resolve their disputes. We are obliged to participate in dispute resolution procedures before this body.